A1 Racing Club
Located just off the A1 near Grantham, another great venue which historically hosts the final round of the UK Short Course Nationals. Known for having fast and flowing track layout it’s a firm favourite of the 4wd racers. Hidden in the centre lanes are some very tricky undulating bump sections, a well setup truck is crucial to be fast here. Great food from the food van and plenty of space for camping. Bring a jumper though as it tends to always blow a gale here!
Event Format - Saturday 5th September
- Gates open: 12:00pm
- Open practice: 13:00pm onwards
Event Format - Sunday 6th September
- Gates open: 8:00am
- Bookin from: 8:00am to 9:15am (track open for free practice)
- Drivers Briefing: 9:30am
- Heats Start: 9:45am
- 4 rounds of qualifying heats seeded on the 2019 championship standings
- 6 Drivers per heat maximum
- 3 finals (best 2 to count)
PPE - All drivers must bring the following items:
- Hand sanitizer
- Face mask
- Re-usable workwear style gloves for marshaling
- Hi Viz vest for marshaling
- All entries for this mini-series have been pre booked, to avoid queues of drivers at race control you will be booked into the meeting by registering your PT over the loop during practice.
- If you are not present for practice your place may be offered to a reserve so it is imperative that your PT number is correct, please check it on the heat sheet when this is emailed to you.
Scrutineering and Refereeing:
- To comply with social distancing guidelines, we will NOT be scrutineering your trucks but we will be keeping an eye on cars on the track
- Due to the limited space on the rostrum and again to help us comply with social distancing guidelines, we will NOT be having referees, will be watching for any examples of poor driving and penalties will be issued as per the usual Truck National rules.
- You will not be required to use race numbers for this mini-series, so again please make sure your PT number is correct - no PT no laps!
Meeting and Venue Details:
- Please pit and park to adher to social distancing guidlines - all drivers should remain 1 to 2 meters apart at all times.
- Please take all rubbish home with you
- Male and Female toilets will be available on site
- Hot food will NOT be available on site
- Please see the A1 Racing Club fact sheet for further venue information